In 1848 the building, in which the Youth Hostel is located, was transformed by Officer Carlo Bonzanigo in a sumptuous private villa and in 1884, the villa became the headquarter of the private school run by the Sisters of Santa Croce of Menzingen. At its peak period, the school counted 400 students, many of whom lived in boarding school. Today the building still houses a private school a catering service company and the Youth Hostel which opened its doors in 2001.